Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Beginning...

Hi! I am Maverick and have been playing basketball for quite sometime now (more then 7 Years). I am not god, but good enough to be a part of my college team. Basketball is my passion, and playing good basketball is what rules my life.

I want to be the best basketball player in India. Yes you got it right; I am an Indian. In this blog I would share with you what I read, plan and practice for my basketball; thoughts and views. It’s not about NBA or upcoming tournaments. It is for learning, relearning and setting the mindset for basketball.

Its for people from non-basketball playing nations (I mean nations were there is not much scope in Basketball as profession), who want to learn the game and want to know really what kind of stuffs American kids go thru to attain such a high level of basketball.

I didn’t play basketball whole summer. Reason- I wanted to re learn basketball.

Why? I believe when you keep on doing same thing again and again, you set yourself in a routine and not just the good things, but even the bad things. Slowly you start to inflate your ego and you never realize where you were substituting other moves for the moves which are your weak points. After a break, things become clear, the thinks that you have in your subconscious mind or are instinctive about are there in mind undisturbed, but the moves and tricks which were superficial have tendency to disappear and show you who you really are and how much progress you have made. More then anything else you get to set the wrong moves right.

From today I am starting my journey, I would be glad if you could join me too.

No comments: